Do not mix politics with development: Antony
Kochi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday asked the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF in Kerala not to mix politics with development.
Speaking at a function to mark the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Rs 5000 crore Kochi Metro project, Antony said he was "saddened" that CPI(M) veteran V S Achutanandan did not attend the function.
"I am sad that he did not come. There should be no politics in developmental activities," he said.
Antony said Achutanandan had done lot of work for the Kochi Metro project when he was Chief Minister.
LDF had yesterday boycotted the three day `Emerging Kerala` meet of the state government holding that it was a platform to sell natural resources, including land, to private investors.
Development projects were like "relay races", Antony said.
The Kochi Metro project was conceived when Antony was chief minister.
After four governments came and went, this project has now become a reality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Security forces, militants engaged in gunfight in Kupwara
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: When Shoaib Akhtar bowled Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar off consecutive balls!
- West Bengal: Net worth of richest MLA Rs 40 crore, poorest has Rs 50,000
- France faces fresh strikes as nuclear workers join protest
- Australia to examine more possible MH370 debris