Do not mix politics with development: Antony
Kochi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday asked the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF in Kerala not to mix politics with development.
Speaking at a function to mark the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Rs 5000 crore Kochi Metro project, Antony said he was "saddened" that CPI(M) veteran V S Achutanandan did not attend the function.
"I am sad that he did not come. There should be no politics in developmental activities," he said.
Antony said Achutanandan had done lot of work for the Kochi Metro project when he was Chief Minister.
LDF had yesterday boycotted the three day `Emerging Kerala` meet of the state government holding that it was a platform to sell natural resources, including land, to private investors.
Development projects were like "relay races", Antony said.
The Kochi Metro project was conceived when Antony was chief minister.
After four governments came and went, this project has now become a reality, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September