Do not mix politics with development: Antony
Kochi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday asked the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF in Kerala not to mix politics with development.
Speaking at a function to mark the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Rs 5000 crore Kochi Metro project, Antony said he was "saddened" that CPI(M) veteran V S Achutanandan did not attend the function.
"I am sad that he did not come. There should be no politics in developmental activities," he said.
Antony said Achutanandan had done lot of work for the Kochi Metro project when he was Chief Minister.
LDF had yesterday boycotted the three day `Emerging Kerala` meet of the state government holding that it was a platform to sell natural resources, including land, to private investors.
Development projects were like "relay races", Antony said.
The Kochi Metro project was conceived when Antony was chief minister.
After four governments came and went, this project has now become a reality, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll