Do not mix politics with development: Antony
Kochi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday asked the CPI(M)-led Opposition LDF in Kerala not to mix politics with development.
Speaking at a function to mark the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Rs 5000 crore Kochi Metro project, Antony said he was "saddened" that CPI(M) veteran V S Achutanandan did not attend the function.
"I am sad that he did not come. There should be no politics in developmental activities," he said.
Antony said Achutanandan had done lot of work for the Kochi Metro project when he was Chief Minister.
LDF had yesterday boycotted the three day `Emerging Kerala` meet of the state government holding that it was a platform to sell natural resources, including land, to private investors.
Development projects were like "relay races", Antony said.
The Kochi Metro project was conceived when Antony was chief minister.
After four governments came and went, this project has now become a reality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui