Doctors, nurses gets one year imprisonment for negligence in Kerela
Kollam (Ker): A Fast Track Court on Wednesday sentenced three doctors and equal number of nurses besides a nursing assistant of a private hospital in the district to one year imprisonment in a case connected with the death of a woman following laparoscopic surgery in 2006.
Additional Sessions Court Judge S Santhoshkumar found the accused guilty under IPC sections 304 (a) (causing death by negligence) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence or giving false information to screen offender).
The prosecution case was that Mini Philip (31) underwent the surgery at the hospital on September 25, 2006.
Following medical complications, she was shifted to another private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram but died the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav