Doctors’ panel to review health report of Madani
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has formed an expert committee of doctors to look into the health report provided by Karnataka government on PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, detained in a Bangalore prison in connection with 2008 serial blasts there.
Kerala government would take further steps after getting the report of the committee, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters to a question whether the state plans to intervene to ensure proper medical aid to Madani.
"On request, the Karnataka government had provided detailed report on the health condition of Madani recently. A committee of five doctors have been formed to examine the report", Chandy said during a weekly cabinet briefing.
Government would take further steps on the matter after getting the report, he said.
Sending an all party delegation to Karnataka to take up the issue of Madani`s treatment was not now under consideration of the government, Chandy said to a question.
Members of both ruling Congress led UDF and CPI-M headed LDF opposition had raised the issue of Madani in the recently concluded assembly session.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010, has been lodged in the Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore since then. He is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that killed a one person and left 20 others injured in Bangalore.
The Karnataka High Court had last month rejected his bail plea but permitted him to avail treatment in hospital of his choice under police escort.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon