Documentary maker Sarathchandran dies in rail mishap
Kochi: Renowned filmmaker C Sarathchandran
passed away in a train mishap at Nellayi in Thrissur, Kerala.
Sarachandran (53), known for his short films, was
travelling in the Guruvayur-Egmore Chennai Express last night
when he fell onto the track while trying to help a man who
slipped from the moving train, police said.
According to the police, Saratchandran lost his balance
and fell onto the track and the two bodies were found at
Nellayi at 10.30 pm.
After postmortem, Saratchandran`s body was was brought to
his home at Tripunithura here and later taken to
Thiruvananthapuram, where the funeral will be held tomorrow,
family sources said.
Saratchandran is survivied by his aged parents and wife,
an employee of the MG Univeristy.
His acclaimed works `Kaippunneeru` (The Bitter Drink) in
2003 and `The Thousand Days and a Dream` in 2006 were based on
the Anti-Coca Cola struggle at Plachimada in Palakaad. He had
also made a short film on the late John Abraham, a well known
He had also won awards in the short film festival at
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price