Documentary maker Sarathchandran dies in rail mishap
Kochi: Renowned filmmaker C Sarathchandran
passed away in a train mishap at Nellayi in Thrissur, Kerala.
Sarachandran (53), known for his short films, was
travelling in the Guruvayur-Egmore Chennai Express last night
when he fell onto the track while trying to help a man who
slipped from the moving train, police said.
According to the police, Saratchandran lost his balance
and fell onto the track and the two bodies were found at
Nellayi at 10.30 pm.
After postmortem, Saratchandran`s body was was brought to
his home at Tripunithura here and later taken to
Thiruvananthapuram, where the funeral will be held tomorrow,
family sources said.
Saratchandran is survivied by his aged parents and wife,
an employee of the MG Univeristy.
His acclaimed works `Kaippunneeru` (The Bitter Drink) in
2003 and `The Thousand Days and a Dream` in 2006 were based on
the Anti-Coca Cola struggle at Plachimada in Palakaad. He had
also made a short film on the late John Abraham, a well known
He had also won awards in the short film festival at
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal