Domestic violence case: Probe begins against ex-Kerala minister
Thiruvananthapuram: A day after registering FIR against former Minister K B Ganesh Kumar under provisions of the domestic violence act, the Crime Branch on Wednesday commenced probe into the complaint filed against him by his estranged wife.
Police recorded the statement of Yamini on her complaint, accusing her husband of torturing her for the past 16 years.
The Crime Branch team led by Superintendent of Police Uma Behra questioned Yamini for about two hours and recorded her statement at her residence in the city.
Kumar was yesterday booked under non-bailable IPC section 498A for harrassment of woman and for assault and wrongful restraint.
Police said they would record the statement of Kumar on his complaint against his wife later.
The domestic quarrel of actor-politician Kumar came into focus on April 1 when he filed a divorce petition accusing his wife of blackmailing and manhandling him.
Rejecting Kumar`s charges, Yamini said it was she who was the victim of domestic violence and registered a complaint with the police, following which Kumar quit the ministry.
Police had filed FIRs before the Chief Judicial Magistrate here yesterday based on complaints of both Kumar and Yamini.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel