Domestic violence case: Probe begins against ex-Kerala minister
Thiruvananthapuram: A day after registering FIR against former Minister K B Ganesh Kumar under provisions of the domestic violence act, the Crime Branch on Wednesday commenced probe into the complaint filed against him by his estranged wife.
Police recorded the statement of Yamini on her complaint, accusing her husband of torturing her for the past 16 years.
The Crime Branch team led by Superintendent of Police Uma Behra questioned Yamini for about two hours and recorded her statement at her residence in the city.
Kumar was yesterday booked under non-bailable IPC section 498A for harrassment of woman and for assault and wrongful restraint.
Police said they would record the statement of Kumar on his complaint against his wife later.
The domestic quarrel of actor-politician Kumar came into focus on April 1 when he filed a divorce petition accusing his wife of blackmailing and manhandling him.
Rejecting Kumar`s charges, Yamini said it was she who was the victim of domestic violence and registered a complaint with the police, following which Kumar quit the ministry.
Police had filed FIRs before the Chief Judicial Magistrate here yesterday based on complaints of both Kumar and Yamini.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks