Don`t indulge in factionalism: Antony to Congress Kerala unit
Kozhikode: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday asked his partymen in the state to behave as factionalism has reached dangerous levels.
"Factionalism in the party has crossed limits. The need of the hour is to draw a line for this," Antony said at a party meeting here.
"When I switch on TV channels I am surprised to see that gone are the days when during discussions one could see a leader from the opposition and another from the Congress. That has changed. Now two Congress leaders have divergent opinions on the same subject. This does not augur well for the party," said Antony.
The Congress`s majority faction in the state is now led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy while another is headed by state party chief Ramesh Chennithala.
In the faction-ridden Congress in Kerala, seats, positions and even ministerial berths are divided on the basis of groups.
For decades, Antony himself had a Congress faction named after him in Kerala, while another faction was named after K Karunakaran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it