Don`t indulge in factionalism: Antony to Congress Kerala unit
Kozhikode: Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday asked his partymen in the state to behave as factionalism has reached dangerous levels.
"Factionalism in the party has crossed limits. The need of the hour is to draw a line for this," Antony said at a party meeting here.
"When I switch on TV channels I am surprised to see that gone are the days when during discussions one could see a leader from the opposition and another from the Congress. That has changed. Now two Congress leaders have divergent opinions on the same subject. This does not augur well for the party," said Antony.
The Congress`s majority faction in the state is now led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy while another is headed by state party chief Ramesh Chennithala.
In the faction-ridden Congress in Kerala, seats, positions and even ministerial berths are divided on the basis of groups.
For decades, Antony himself had a Congress faction named after him in Kerala, while another faction was named after K Karunakaran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal