Driver remanded for sexually exploiting minor gir
Thrissur A 52-year-old school van driver was arrested Wednesday on the charge of sexually exploiting a 14-year-old student over a period of time, police said.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Chandana Chowdhari said the girl and her parents met her and submitted a complaint in this regard.
The driver on being questioned reportedly admitted to having molested her several times and sexually exploiting her twice or thrice when she was alone in the vehicle.
The driver had been operating the van for the last eight years and the girl had started to travel in the van for the last one and half years, Chowdhari said.
Charges have been framed against him under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code and Section 5 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 20l2.
He was produced before a magistrate here, who remanded him to 15 days judicial custody, the ACP said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP