Driver remanded for sexually exploiting minor gir
Thrissur A 52-year-old school van driver was arrested Wednesday on the charge of sexually exploiting a 14-year-old student over a period of time, police said.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Chandana Chowdhari said the girl and her parents met her and submitted a complaint in this regard.
The driver on being questioned reportedly admitted to having molested her several times and sexually exploiting her twice or thrice when she was alone in the vehicle.
The driver had been operating the van for the last eight years and the girl had started to travel in the van for the last one and half years, Chowdhari said.
Charges have been framed against him under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code and Section 5 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 20l2.
He was produced before a magistrate here, who remanded him to 15 days judicial custody, the ACP said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read