DSP listed as accused in reporter attack case
Kollam: A Deputy Superintendent of
Police in Kerala has been listed as an accused in connection
with the recent attack on a reporter.
DSP Santhosh M Nair was being interrogated by the Crime
Branch team probing the case and might be arrested soon,
police said here today.
Nair was accused of involvement in the alleged conspiracy
behind the attack on reporter of `Mathrubhumi` daily, VB
Unnithan, by a gang of criminals at Sasthacottah near here on
The journalist was suspected to have been targeted for
filing a story which was carried in the newspaper about some
police officers attending a party thrown up by a liquor
contractor in Government Guest house in the town on October
Nair, who was the Circle Inspector then, was said to be
among those who enjoyed the hospitality of the contractor.
He and others were alleged to have hatched a conspiracy
to settle scores with Unnithan and assigned a hired gang of
criminals to attack him.
Unnithan, who was seriously injured in the attack, has
been undergoing treatment in a private hospital since then.
Three members of the gang had already been arrested in
connection with the case, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months