DSP listed as accused in reporter attack case
Kollam: A Deputy Superintendent of
Police in Kerala has been listed as an accused in connection
with the recent attack on a reporter.
DSP Santhosh M Nair was being interrogated by the Crime
Branch team probing the case and might be arrested soon,
police said here today.
Nair was accused of involvement in the alleged conspiracy
behind the attack on reporter of `Mathrubhumi` daily, VB
Unnithan, by a gang of criminals at Sasthacottah near here on
The journalist was suspected to have been targeted for
filing a story which was carried in the newspaper about some
police officers attending a party thrown up by a liquor
contractor in Government Guest house in the town on October
Nair, who was the Circle Inspector then, was said to be
among those who enjoyed the hospitality of the contractor.
He and others were alleged to have hatched a conspiracy
to settle scores with Unnithan and assigned a hired gang of
criminals to attack him.
Unnithan, who was seriously injured in the attack, has
been undergoing treatment in a private hospital since then.
Three members of the gang had already been arrested in
connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning