DYFI activists take out marches to Air India offices in Ker
Kochi: Activists of the Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) on Monday took out marches to Air India booking offices at Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur and Thiruvananthapuram protesting against the cancellation of various services of the Air India Express to the gulf from Kerala.
In Kochi, the activists raised slogans and tried to gatecrash into the city office but were stopped by police. In Kozhikode, about 150 DYFI activists took out a protest march from Muthalakkulam maidan in the city to Air India office. They pushed the police guarding the office, barged into the office and damaged the office furniture, computers and broke the glass panes. The march was inaugurated by T V Rajesh, Secretary, State unit of the DYFI.
Air India sources at Kochi said the Air India express had cancelled three muscat flights per week from Kerala from sept 13 and daily flights to sharjah from the Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode airports from sept 20. The
Thiruvananthapuram-Dubai and Thiruvananthapuram-Abu Dhabi daily flights have been cancleed from sept 20.
The sources said all the passengers booked on the cancelled flights are being accommodated in Air India flight and Indian Airlines flights to the gulf, the sources said. The flights had been cancelled due to staff shortage, the sources said adding the cancelleations were being made effective only after the peak rush when the schools re-opened in the gulf in the first week of September.
The Malabar Chamber of Commerce, had alleged that the cancellations of the flights had severely affected the NRKs and it has also e-mailed letters to the Prime minister Manmohan Singh and Union Aviation minister Praful Patel, urging for the resumption of the cancelled flight services to the Gulf sector.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH