DYFI activists take out marches to Air India offices in Ker
Kochi: Activists of the Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) on Monday took out marches to Air India booking offices at Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur and Thiruvananthapuram protesting against the cancellation of various services of the Air India Express to the gulf from Kerala.
In Kochi, the activists raised slogans and tried to gatecrash into the city office but were stopped by police. In Kozhikode, about 150 DYFI activists took out a protest march from Muthalakkulam maidan in the city to Air India office. They pushed the police guarding the office, barged into the office and damaged the office furniture, computers and broke the glass panes. The march was inaugurated by T V Rajesh, Secretary, State unit of the DYFI.
Air India sources at Kochi said the Air India express had cancelled three muscat flights per week from Kerala from sept 13 and daily flights to sharjah from the Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode airports from sept 20. The
Thiruvananthapuram-Dubai and Thiruvananthapuram-Abu Dhabi daily flights have been cancleed from sept 20.
The sources said all the passengers booked on the cancelled flights are being accommodated in Air India flight and Indian Airlines flights to the gulf, the sources said. The flights had been cancelled due to staff shortage, the sources said adding the cancelleations were being made effective only after the peak rush when the schools re-opened in the gulf in the first week of September.
The Malabar Chamber of Commerce, had alleged that the cancellations of the flights had severely affected the NRKs and it has also e-mailed letters to the Prime minister Manmohan Singh and Union Aviation minister Praful Patel, urging for the resumption of the cancelled flight services to the Gulf sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata