DYFI cadre death: HC restrains police from filing charge sheet
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday restrained police from filing charge sheet in the case relating to death of DYFI worker Manoj Kumar after he was allegedly assaulted by IUML workers last year.
The order was issued on a petition seeking a CBI probe filed by one Shivaprasad AV, who was also injured in the incident that took place on August 2 last year at Kasaragod.
According to the petitioner, even though local police have a clear picture of real culprits, due to high political influence they were not taking effective steps to book them. He also complained that police was going to close the case.
Justice TR Ramachandran Nair made it clear that without
obtaining prior permission from the court the charge sheet should not be filed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban