DYFI cadre death: HC restrains police from filing charge sheet
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday restrained police from filing charge sheet in the case relating to death of DYFI worker Manoj Kumar after he was allegedly assaulted by IUML workers last year.
The order was issued on a petition seeking a CBI probe filed by one Shivaprasad AV, who was also injured in the incident that took place on August 2 last year at Kasaragod.
According to the petitioner, even though local police have a clear picture of real culprits, due to high political influence they were not taking effective steps to book them. He also complained that police was going to close the case.
Justice TR Ramachandran Nair made it clear that without
obtaining prior permission from the court the charge sheet should not be filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'