DYFI cadre death: HC restrains police from filing charge sheet
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday restrained police from filing charge sheet in the case relating to death of DYFI worker Manoj Kumar after he was allegedly assaulted by IUML workers last year.
The order was issued on a petition seeking a CBI probe filed by one Shivaprasad AV, who was also injured in the incident that took place on August 2 last year at Kasaragod.
According to the petitioner, even though local police have a clear picture of real culprits, due to high political influence they were not taking effective steps to book them. He also complained that police was going to close the case.
Justice TR Ramachandran Nair made it clear that without
obtaining prior permission from the court the charge sheet should not be filed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre