DYFI cadre death: HC restrains police from filing charge sheet
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday restrained police from filing charge sheet in the case relating to death of DYFI worker Manoj Kumar after he was allegedly assaulted by IUML workers last year.
The order was issued on a petition seeking a CBI probe filed by one Shivaprasad AV, who was also injured in the incident that took place on August 2 last year at Kasaragod.
According to the petitioner, even though local police have a clear picture of real culprits, due to high political influence they were not taking effective steps to book them. He also complained that police was going to close the case.
Justice TR Ramachandran Nair made it clear that without
obtaining prior permission from the court the charge sheet should not be filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!