DYFI cadre death: HC restrains police from filing charge sheet
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday restrained police from filing charge sheet in the case relating to death of DYFI worker Manoj Kumar after he was allegedly assaulted by IUML workers last year.
The order was issued on a petition seeking a CBI probe filed by one Shivaprasad AV, who was also injured in the incident that took place on August 2 last year at Kasaragod.
According to the petitioner, even though local police have a clear picture of real culprits, due to high political influence they were not taking effective steps to book them. He also complained that police was going to close the case.
Justice TR Ramachandran Nair made it clear that without
obtaining prior permission from the court the charge sheet should not be filed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...