DYFI to protest against police action on its cadre
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M youth wing DYFI will hold a rally here on September 11 to protest the attack on one of their activists, who waved black flag against Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday as part of its agitation demanding his resignation over solar panel scam.
The DYFI activist Jayaprasad, who was seriously injured in the police action, was admitted to Medical College Hospital here. He was beaten up with lathi, punched on his testicle and stomach by a police official, official sources said.
The police official has been suspended from service on the basis of a preliminary report by Director General of Police.
The incident occurred when Chandy and Agriculture Minister K P Mohan arrived for the inauguration of the district storage centre of the state-owned Horticulture Development Corporation at nearby Anayara here.
DYFI volunteers waved black flags as part of their agitation against Chandy on the highway which led to police action.
The incident evoked widespread condemnation from all quarters of the society. State Human Rights Commission Chairman Justice J B Koshy has asked the DGP to submit a report on the police action within three weeks.
Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishn said a high level inqury has been ordered into the incident and action would be taken after getting its report.
DYFI activists would also organise dharans before the office of Superintendent of Police in all district headquarters to protest the incident on September 11.
DYFI has also decided to intensify its protest against Chandy demanding his resignation over solar panel scam and alleged the government was trying to suppress the agitation using police force.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar