DYFI to protest against police action on its cadre
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M youth wing DYFI will hold a rally here on September 11 to protest the attack on one of their activists, who waved black flag against Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday as part of its agitation demanding his resignation over solar panel scam.
The DYFI activist Jayaprasad, who was seriously injured in the police action, was admitted to Medical College Hospital here. He was beaten up with lathi, punched on his testicle and stomach by a police official, official sources said.
The police official has been suspended from service on the basis of a preliminary report by Director General of Police.
The incident occurred when Chandy and Agriculture Minister K P Mohan arrived for the inauguration of the district storage centre of the state-owned Horticulture Development Corporation at nearby Anayara here.
DYFI volunteers waved black flags as part of their agitation against Chandy on the highway which led to police action.
The incident evoked widespread condemnation from all quarters of the society. State Human Rights Commission Chairman Justice J B Koshy has asked the DGP to submit a report on the police action within three weeks.
Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishn said a high level inqury has been ordered into the incident and action would be taken after getting its report.
DYFI activists would also organise dharans before the office of Superintendent of Police in all district headquarters to protest the incident on September 11.
DYFI has also decided to intensify its protest against Chandy demanding his resignation over solar panel scam and alleged the government was trying to suppress the agitation using police force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Gold Monetisation Scheme mobilises 2.8 tonnes so far
- Kishore Biyani appointed as MD of Bharti Retail
- Now, Pakistan's spy agency ISI using 'mobile apps' to spy on Indian security forces?
- India rejects USCIRF report on intolerance, says Constitution guarantees right to freedom of religion
- Gold price rises further to Rs 30,250 per 10 grams