DYFI to protest against police action on its cadre
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M youth wing DYFI will hold a rally here on September 11 to protest the attack on one of their activists, who waved black flag against Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday as part of its agitation demanding his resignation over solar panel scam.
The DYFI activist Jayaprasad, who was seriously injured in the police action, was admitted to Medical College Hospital here. He was beaten up with lathi, punched on his testicle and stomach by a police official, official sources said.
The police official has been suspended from service on the basis of a preliminary report by Director General of Police.
The incident occurred when Chandy and Agriculture Minister K P Mohan arrived for the inauguration of the district storage centre of the state-owned Horticulture Development Corporation at nearby Anayara here.
DYFI volunteers waved black flags as part of their agitation against Chandy on the highway which led to police action.
The incident evoked widespread condemnation from all quarters of the society. State Human Rights Commission Chairman Justice J B Koshy has asked the DGP to submit a report on the police action within three weeks.
Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishn said a high level inqury has been ordered into the incident and action would be taken after getting its report.
DYFI activists would also organise dharans before the office of Superintendent of Police in all district headquarters to protest the incident on September 11.
DYFI has also decided to intensify its protest against Chandy demanding his resignation over solar panel scam and alleged the government was trying to suppress the agitation using police force.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in