E Sreedharan to be principal advisor to Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Clearing uncertainty over his role in Kochi Metro Rail Project, former DMRC chief E Sreedharan on Tuesday said he has been appointed as the principal advisor of the project.
"Since I have retired from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), I have been made principal advisor for executing the 27-km-long Kochi metro rail project from Aluwya to Petta in Poonithura," Sreedharan told a joint press conference with Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed here.
The plan is to complete the work in three years, he said.
Muhammed said the Kerala government was of the firm view that DMRC should execute the project under the leadership of Sreedharan and it had handed over the Rs 5,000-crore project to DMRC, he said.
The KMRC Director Board would be reconstituted with five representatives each from the Centre and state. Chairman of the reconstituted KMRC would be the nominee of the Centre and the managing director would be that of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch