E Sreedharan to be principal advisor to Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Clearing uncertainty over his role in Kochi Metro Rail Project, former DMRC chief E Sreedharan on Tuesday said he has been appointed as the principal advisor of the project.
"Since I have retired from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), I have been made principal advisor for executing the 27-km-long Kochi metro rail project from Aluwya to Petta in Poonithura," Sreedharan told a joint press conference with Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed here.
The plan is to complete the work in three years, he said.
Muhammed said the Kerala government was of the firm view that DMRC should execute the project under the leadership of Sreedharan and it had handed over the Rs 5,000-crore project to DMRC, he said.
The KMRC Director Board would be reconstituted with five representatives each from the Centre and state. Chairman of the reconstituted KMRC would be the nominee of the Centre and the managing director would be that of the state, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed