E Sreedharan to be principal advisor to Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Clearing uncertainty over his role in Kochi Metro Rail Project, former DMRC chief E Sreedharan on Tuesday said he has been appointed as the principal advisor of the project.
"Since I have retired from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), I have been made principal advisor for executing the 27-km-long Kochi metro rail project from Aluwya to Petta in Poonithura," Sreedharan told a joint press conference with Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed here.
The plan is to complete the work in three years, he said.
Muhammed said the Kerala government was of the firm view that DMRC should execute the project under the leadership of Sreedharan and it had handed over the Rs 5,000-crore project to DMRC, he said.
The KMRC Director Board would be reconstituted with five representatives each from the Centre and state. Chairman of the reconstituted KMRC would be the nominee of the Centre and the managing director would be that of the state, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'