E Sreedharan to be principal advisor to Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Clearing uncertainty over his role in Kochi Metro Rail Project, former DMRC chief E Sreedharan on Tuesday said he has been appointed as the principal advisor of the project.
"Since I have retired from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), I have been made principal advisor for executing the 27-km-long Kochi metro rail project from Aluwya to Petta in Poonithura," Sreedharan told a joint press conference with Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed here.
The plan is to complete the work in three years, he said.
Muhammed said the Kerala government was of the firm view that DMRC should execute the project under the leadership of Sreedharan and it had handed over the Rs 5,000-crore project to DMRC, he said.
The KMRC Director Board would be reconstituted with five representatives each from the Centre and state. Chairman of the reconstituted KMRC would be the nominee of the Centre and the managing director would be that of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown