E Sreedharan to be principal advisor to Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Clearing uncertainty over his role in Kochi Metro Rail Project, former DMRC chief E Sreedharan on Tuesday said he has been appointed as the principal advisor of the project.
"Since I have retired from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), I have been made principal advisor for executing the 27-km-long Kochi metro rail project from Aluwya to Petta in Poonithura," Sreedharan told a joint press conference with Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed here.
The plan is to complete the work in three years, he said.
Muhammed said the Kerala government was of the firm view that DMRC should execute the project under the leadership of Sreedharan and it had handed over the Rs 5,000-crore project to DMRC, he said.
The KMRC Director Board would be reconstituted with five representatives each from the Centre and state. Chairman of the reconstituted KMRC would be the nominee of the Centre and the managing director would be that of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?