Eight killed as bus falls into gorge in Kerala
Idukki (Ker): Seven final year engineering students were among eight persons killed and 30 others injured when their bus fell into a gorge at Thekkinkanam in the district Monday.
The driver was among those killed.
The students, belonging to the final year batch of the Electronics and Instrumentation branch at the Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology at Vellanad in Thiruvananthapuram, were on their way to Munnar from Kodaikanal on a picnic when the mishap occurred, police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Police said the group included 28 boys, 13 girls and four others including the driver.
According to preliminary reports, the bus fell into the gorge after the driver lost control while negotiating a hairpin curve at Thekkinkanam near Rajakkad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know