Eight killed as bus falls into gorge in Kerala
Idukki (Ker): Seven final year engineering students were among eight persons killed and 30 others injured when their bus fell into a gorge at Thekkinkanam in the district Monday.
The driver was among those killed.
The students, belonging to the final year batch of the Electronics and Instrumentation branch at the Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology at Vellanad in Thiruvananthapuram, were on their way to Munnar from Kodaikanal on a picnic when the mishap occurred, police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Police said the group included 28 boys, 13 girls and four others including the driver.
According to preliminary reports, the bus fell into the gorge after the driver lost control while negotiating a hairpin curve at Thekkinkanam near Rajakkad.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures