Eight killed as bus falls into gorge in Kerala
Idukki (Ker): Seven final year engineering students were among eight persons killed and 30 others injured when their bus fell into a gorge at Thekkinkanam in the district Monday.
The driver was among those killed.
The students, belonging to the final year batch of the Electronics and Instrumentation branch at the Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology at Vellanad in Thiruvananthapuram, were on their way to Munnar from Kodaikanal on a picnic when the mishap occurred, police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Police said the group included 28 boys, 13 girls and four others including the driver.
According to preliminary reports, the bus fell into the gorge after the driver lost control while negotiating a hairpin curve at Thekkinkanam near Rajakkad.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly