Eight killed as car collides with bus
Kollam: Eight persons, including two children, were killed and 25 others were injured when a car collided with a Kerala State Transport Corporation bus at Nilamel in the district Friday.
Seven of the victims were related.
The tragedy struck the family while returning home in the car after reaching Thiruvananthapuram in the wee hours by train from Mookambika, a temple town in Karnataka.
They belonged to Bharathannur in Thiruvananthapuram district.
25 people, most of them passengers of the bus, were injured in the mishap and they were admitted to hospital and the condition of two of them was serious.
The bodies of the victims were extricated from the mangled car by police and local people. The deceased included the driver of the car, police said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy visited the accident spot and expressed grief over the loss of life caused by the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued