Eight killed as car collides with bus
Kollam: Eight persons, including two children, were killed and 25 others were injured when a car collided with a Kerala State Transport Corporation bus at Nilamel in the district Friday.
Seven of the victims were related.
The tragedy struck the family while returning home in the car after reaching Thiruvananthapuram in the wee hours by train from Mookambika, a temple town in Karnataka.
They belonged to Bharathannur in Thiruvananthapuram district.
25 people, most of them passengers of the bus, were injured in the mishap and they were admitted to hospital and the condition of two of them was serious.
The bodies of the victims were extricated from the mangled car by police and local people. The deceased included the driver of the car, police said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy visited the accident spot and expressed grief over the loss of life caused by the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh