Eight killed as car collides with bus
Kollam: Eight persons, including two children, were killed and 25 others were injured when a car collided with a Kerala State Transport Corporation bus at Nilamel in the district Friday.
Seven of the victims were related.
The tragedy struck the family while returning home in the car after reaching Thiruvananthapuram in the wee hours by train from Mookambika, a temple town in Karnataka.
They belonged to Bharathannur in Thiruvananthapuram district.
25 people, most of them passengers of the bus, were injured in the mishap and they were admitted to hospital and the condition of two of them was serious.
The bodies of the victims were extricated from the mangled car by police and local people. The deceased included the driver of the car, police said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy visited the accident spot and expressed grief over the loss of life caused by the accident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family