Eight killed as car collides with bus
Kollam: Eight persons, including two children, were killed and 25 others were injured when a car collided with a Kerala State Transport Corporation bus at Nilamel in the district Friday.
Seven of the victims were related.
The tragedy struck the family while returning home in the car after reaching Thiruvananthapuram in the wee hours by train from Mookambika, a temple town in Karnataka.
They belonged to Bharathannur in Thiruvananthapuram district.
25 people, most of them passengers of the bus, were injured in the mishap and they were admitted to hospital and the condition of two of them was serious.
The bodies of the victims were extricated from the mangled car by police and local people. The deceased included the driver of the car, police said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy visited the accident spot and expressed grief over the loss of life caused by the accident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley