Elderly couple trapped in bathroom for three days
Kottayam: An elderly couple were trapped in their bathroom for three days before managing to open the lock and escape from the damp confinement in an exhausted condition.
According to their relatives, 74-year-old Joseph and his 72-year-old wife Eliamma remained inside the bathroom from Saturday to Monday last after some problems in the lock due to which it failed to open from the inside.
Joseph was keeping unwell and his wife had accompanied him to the bathroom as he showed signs of nausea.
On realising that they got locked up, the couple tried to break open the door using whatever things that came handy, but their efforts proved futile for long.
Though they cried out for help, their voice was so feeble that it could not be heard by neighbours.
Finally, they managed to break open the door by using a screw driver, which they came across in one corner, and the broom used for cleaning the bathroom.
The ordeal through which they had passed came to be known by neighbours only on Tuesday morning and they were immediately taken to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
The couple has two sons, one of them working abroad and another in Hyderabad, relatives said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees