Elephant tramples man to death in Thrissur
Thrissur: A motorcyclist was trampled to
death and at least 13 others were injured when an elephant ranamock in Thrissur this morning, setting off a wave of panic.
The elephant knocked down the motorcycle of Aloysiyus,
52, at nearby Kechery before trampling him to death, police
said. It also attacked a private bus at Manali, injuring 13
passengers, they added.
The animal was being taken to its owner`s house at
Peridimannu from Kechery, both located in the district, when
it ran amock. It was later brought under control by being
tranquilised, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey