Elephant tramples man to death in Thrissur
Thrissur: A motorcyclist was trampled to
death and at least 13 others were injured when an elephant ranamock in Thrissur this morning, setting off a wave of panic.
The elephant knocked down the motorcycle of Aloysiyus,
52, at nearby Kechery before trampling him to death, police
said. It also attacked a private bus at Manali, injuring 13
passengers, they added.
The animal was being taken to its owner`s house at
Peridimannu from Kechery, both located in the district, when
it ran amock. It was later brought under control by being
tranquilised, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing