Elephant tramples man to death in Thrissur
Thrissur: A motorcyclist was trampled to
death and at least 13 others were injured when an elephant ranamock in Thrissur this morning, setting off a wave of panic.
The elephant knocked down the motorcycle of Aloysiyus,
52, at nearby Kechery before trampling him to death, police
said. It also attacked a private bus at Manali, injuring 13
passengers, they added.
The animal was being taken to its owner`s house at
Peridimannu from Kechery, both located in the district, when
it ran amock. It was later brought under control by being
tranquilised, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption