Elephant tramples man to death in Thrissur
Thrissur: A motorcyclist was trampled to
death and at least 13 others were injured when an elephant ranamock in Thrissur this morning, setting off a wave of panic.
The elephant knocked down the motorcycle of Aloysiyus,
52, at nearby Kechery before trampling him to death, police
said. It also attacked a private bus at Manali, injuring 13
passengers, they added.
The animal was being taken to its owner`s house at
Peridimannu from Kechery, both located in the district, when
it ran amock. It was later brought under control by being
tranquilised, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' mints over Rs 10 crore in opening weekend
- Two arrested with narcotic capsules, injections in Jammu
- Pakistan rise to No. 1 in Test rankings after India-West Indies match called off