Endosulfan victims issue: Ministers to visit Kasaragod
Thiruvanananthapuram: A team of Ministers would visit Kasaragod next week and hold discussions with peoples` representatives in the district on the demands of endosulfan victims, an official release here said.
This was decided at a discussion held by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy with Kasaragod MP P Karunakaran and district panchayat president P P Shyamala Devi here yesterday.
The Chief Minister told them that compensation would be made available to all Endosulfan victims. The government had only prepared a preliminary list of completely bed-ridden people affected by Endosulfan.
At the discussion, Chandy refuted the charge that the government was trying to deny compensation to all victims. The government would publish the final list soon after rectifying the mistakes in the preliminary list.
He said a ministerial team comprising Health Minister V S Sivakumar, Panchayat Minister M K Muneer and Agriculture Minister K P Mohanan would visit the district and submit its report to the government, based on which the government would take action.
The Chief Minister assured them that a committee would be constituted to examine all issues relating to endosulfan victims including extension of moratorium on repayment of loans availed by the victims.
Chandy also told them that the government was committed to the implementation of the directives of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on the relief measures to be taken up for the victims, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH