Endosulfan victims issue: Ministers to visit Kasaragod
Thiruvanananthapuram: A team of Ministers would visit Kasaragod next week and hold discussions with peoples` representatives in the district on the demands of endosulfan victims, an official release here said.
This was decided at a discussion held by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy with Kasaragod MP P Karunakaran and district panchayat president P P Shyamala Devi here yesterday.
The Chief Minister told them that compensation would be made available to all Endosulfan victims. The government had only prepared a preliminary list of completely bed-ridden people affected by Endosulfan.
At the discussion, Chandy refuted the charge that the government was trying to deny compensation to all victims. The government would publish the final list soon after rectifying the mistakes in the preliminary list.
He said a ministerial team comprising Health Minister V S Sivakumar, Panchayat Minister M K Muneer and Agriculture Minister K P Mohanan would visit the district and submit its report to the government, based on which the government would take action.
The Chief Minister assured them that a committee would be constituted to examine all issues relating to endosulfan victims including extension of moratorium on repayment of loans availed by the victims.
Chandy also told them that the government was committed to the implementation of the directives of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on the relief measures to be taken up for the victims, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US