Ex-CPI(M) minister booked for `threatening` cop
Vatakara: A case has been registered against a former CPI(M) minister in Kerala for allegedly threatening and obstructing functioning of a member of Special Investigation Team, probing the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan, police said.
The case was registered against Elamaram Kareem, who is currently the CPI(M) state secretariat member.
CPI(M) activists led by Kareem had staged a protest march here on May 26 alleging that the SIT, probing the murder, was biased.
Some CPI(M) workers have been arrested in the case relating to the murder of Chandrasekharan, a Marxist rebel.
A case was registered the same day against Kareem and others for taking out the march without permission and obstructing vehicular traffic.
Reacting to the registration of fresh case against him, Kareem denied he had threatened the police official probing the murder case.
"I have not threatened anybody," he said.
Kareem said he had only brought to the attention of the people the "torture" of people taken into custody for interrogation in connection with the murder case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations