Ex-CPI(M) minister booked for `threatening` cop
Vatakara: A case has been registered against a former CPI(M) minister in Kerala for allegedly threatening and obstructing functioning of a member of Special Investigation Team, probing the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan, police said.
The case was registered against Elamaram Kareem, who is currently the CPI(M) state secretariat member.
CPI(M) activists led by Kareem had staged a protest march here on May 26 alleging that the SIT, probing the murder, was biased.
Some CPI(M) workers have been arrested in the case relating to the murder of Chandrasekharan, a Marxist rebel.
A case was registered the same day against Kareem and others for taking out the march without permission and obstructing vehicular traffic.
Reacting to the registration of fresh case against him, Kareem denied he had threatened the police official probing the murder case.
"I have not threatened anybody," he said.
Kareem said he had only brought to the attention of the people the "torture" of people taken into custody for interrogation in connection with the murder case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended