Ex Kerala minister Ganesh Kumar moves toward settlement with wife
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to end the controversy, triggered by the domestic discord with his wife Yamini, through an out-of-court settlement, former Kerala minister KB Ganesh Kumar on Tuesday openly expressed regret for the `unsavoury` comments made against her.
Ganesh Kumar expressed regret at a press confernce tonight and appealed to the media to stop the debate considering the future of their two children. "I am also withdrawing the case filed against Yamini," he said.
The family drama had reached a flashpoint last week after Kumar filed a divorce petition alleging he was manhandled by his wife. Reacting sharply, Yamini filed a complaint of domestic violence with the police which led to the resignation of Kumar from the Congress-led UDF Ministry on April 1.
The Crime Branch is investigating the complaints filed by the two charging each other with violence at home.
The issue had triggered a political storm with the opposition demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy alleging that he had shielded the minister who was facing the charge of domestic violence.
Though Chandy attempted for a truce between the couple in the early stage, working out a pact for separation, it could not be implemented leading to cases and counter-cases by Kumar and Yamini.
Under the proposed new settlement, a substantial share of Kumar`s property would go to Yamini and their two children.
The latest mediation efforts had commenced last week after Kumar expressed willingness to arrive at a settlement through talks, to which Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Snehalatha gave her consent.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof