Ex Kerala minister Ganesh Kumar moves toward settlement with wife
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to end the controversy, triggered by the domestic discord with his wife Yamini, through an out-of-court settlement, former Kerala minister KB Ganesh Kumar on Tuesday openly expressed regret for the `unsavoury` comments made against her.
Ganesh Kumar expressed regret at a press confernce tonight and appealed to the media to stop the debate considering the future of their two children. "I am also withdrawing the case filed against Yamini," he said.
The family drama had reached a flashpoint last week after Kumar filed a divorce petition alleging he was manhandled by his wife. Reacting sharply, Yamini filed a complaint of domestic violence with the police which led to the resignation of Kumar from the Congress-led UDF Ministry on April 1.
The Crime Branch is investigating the complaints filed by the two charging each other with violence at home.
The issue had triggered a political storm with the opposition demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy alleging that he had shielded the minister who was facing the charge of domestic violence.
Though Chandy attempted for a truce between the couple in the early stage, working out a pact for separation, it could not be implemented leading to cases and counter-cases by Kumar and Yamini.
Under the proposed new settlement, a substantial share of Kumar`s property would go to Yamini and their two children.
The latest mediation efforts had commenced last week after Kumar expressed willingness to arrive at a settlement through talks, to which Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Snehalatha gave her consent.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say