Exhibition on Shankar`s cartoons to open on Monday
Thiruvananthapuram: To mark the 110th birth anniversary of renowned artist Shankar, an exhibition of his cartoons and photos and documentaries on him will be held here from Monday.
The exhibition, being organised by Kerala Cartoon Academy and the Information and Public Relations Department, would conclude on August 1.
State Finance Minister KM Mani would open the exhibition, an official statement here said.
Cartoonists Sukumar, PV Krishnan, Peter and Sudheer Nath would attend the function.
A national cartoon seminar would be held on July 31, which would be inaugurated by Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan.
Cartoonists Surendra and Yesudasan would speak on the occasion. Chief Minister Oommen Chandy would deliver the Shakar memorial speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren