Exorcist arrested for death of woman
Kollam: A 45-year-old man was on Monday arrested for allegedly causing the death of a woman by performing exorcism at Karunagapalli near here.
The exorcist, identified as Sirajudeen, was absconding following the death of 26-year-old Haseena at Thazava on July 16. He was arrested from neighbouring Pathanamthitta district, police said.
He was engaged by the woman`s father to free her from possession of evil spirits.
The post-mortem conducted on the woman revealed that her backbone had been broken and she suffered internal bleeding after the exorcist allegedly kicked her to rid her of evil spirits, police said.
Police have already arrested Sirajudeen`s aide Kabeer and Haseena`s father Hassan Kunju.
There were many criminal cases against Sirajudeen, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31