Explosives seized in Kerala
Kannur: In a major cache of explosives, 300 kg of ammonium nitrate, 1000 detonators and 16 rolls of fuse wire were seized from a jeep at a checkpost at Kuttupuzha in the district by Excise Department officials.
Two persons have also been arrested in this connection, police said on Saturday.
The explosive substances, recovered during a routine vehicle check up yesterday, were kept under vegetable bags, police said.
Those arrested were handed over to police for further questioning, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak