Extremism: LDF can’t shirk responsibility, says Chennithala
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI(M)-led ruling
Left Democratic Front could not shirk responsibility for the
growth of terrorism in Kerala, Kerala PCC president Ramesh
Chennithala said today.
"The state government and the CPI-M cannot escape from its
responsibility for the growth of extremism by blaming the
previous UDF government," Chennithala said.
The `soft approach` of CPI-M towards extremist oufits
for getting their votes had created a congenial atmosphere for
such organisations in the state, he alleged in a statement here
CPI-M had allied with organisations like PDP, Jamaat-e-
Islami and Popular Front in past elections, he charged.
The LDF government had not taken strong steps in the last
four years of its rule despite Intelligence reports about the
presence of extremist movements in the state which led to the
present state of affairs, Chennithala said.
New intelligence reports suggested that there were
persons within the state police force who lent a helping hand
to extremists, he alleged.
The state Home department had been ignoring the warnings
of the Intelligence wing, and state Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan had earlier opposed central agencies like
NIA `meddling` with affairs of the state.
Claiming that the Congress and the UDF had never allied
with extremist organisations, he said in future also the Front
would follow the same policy.
Chennithala offered all support to the government if it
took strong steps to combat extremism.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof