Extremism: LDF can’t shirk responsibility, says Chennithala
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI(M)-led ruling
Left Democratic Front could not shirk responsibility for the
growth of terrorism in Kerala, Kerala PCC president Ramesh
Chennithala said today.
"The state government and the CPI-M cannot escape from its
responsibility for the growth of extremism by blaming the
previous UDF government," Chennithala said.
The `soft approach` of CPI-M towards extremist oufits
for getting their votes had created a congenial atmosphere for
such organisations in the state, he alleged in a statement here
CPI-M had allied with organisations like PDP, Jamaat-e-
Islami and Popular Front in past elections, he charged.
The LDF government had not taken strong steps in the last
four years of its rule despite Intelligence reports about the
presence of extremist movements in the state which led to the
present state of affairs, Chennithala said.
New intelligence reports suggested that there were
persons within the state police force who lent a helping hand
to extremists, he alleged.
The state Home department had been ignoring the warnings
of the Intelligence wing, and state Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan had earlier opposed central agencies like
NIA `meddling` with affairs of the state.
Claiming that the Congress and the UDF had never allied
with extremist organisations, he said in future also the Front
would follow the same policy.
Chennithala offered all support to the government if it
took strong steps to combat extremism.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons