Facilities at Sabarimala for pilgrimage season reviewed
Thiruvananthapuram: A high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has decided to operate more Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses during the Sabarimala pilgrimage season commencing in November.
The meeting also sanctioned Rs 155.89 crore for the repair and renovation of roads leading to Sabarimala.
As part of renovation, the Pampa-Marakootam Swami Ayappan road of the Lord Ayyappa hill shrine will be laid with another layer of concrete, official sources said.
Drinking water facility will be developed by constructing a parallel pipe line from Pampa to `Sannidanam.`
A flyover will be constructed at Malikappuram. Two `Annadana mandapams` will be constructed and under passage will be constructed at Marakootam. Facilities will be increased at Nilakkal and Erumeli.
A sum of Rs 4.5 crore has been sanctioned to construct police mess at Pampa and Sannidanam.
State Ministers K M Mani, V S Sivakumar, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, Aryadan Muhammad, K C Joseph, Adoor Praksah, MK Muneer and V K Ibrahim Kunju besides senior officials attended the meeting here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak