Facilities at Sabarimala for pilgrimage season reviewed
Thiruvananthapuram: A high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has decided to operate more Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses during the Sabarimala pilgrimage season commencing in November.
The meeting also sanctioned Rs 155.89 crore for the repair and renovation of roads leading to Sabarimala.
As part of renovation, the Pampa-Marakootam Swami Ayappan road of the Lord Ayyappa hill shrine will be laid with another layer of concrete, official sources said.
Drinking water facility will be developed by constructing a parallel pipe line from Pampa to `Sannidanam.`
A flyover will be constructed at Malikappuram. Two `Annadana mandapams` will be constructed and under passage will be constructed at Marakootam. Facilities will be increased at Nilakkal and Erumeli.
A sum of Rs 4.5 crore has been sanctioned to construct police mess at Pampa and Sannidanam.
State Ministers K M Mani, V S Sivakumar, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, Aryadan Muhammad, K C Joseph, Adoor Praksah, MK Muneer and V K Ibrahim Kunju besides senior officials attended the meeting here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'