Fake `Vice Chancellor` in police net in Kochi
Kochi: A 37-year-old man masquerading as
Vice-Chancellor of various universities landed in police
custody after a woman complained that he had taken Rs 2.4 lakh
from her family promising job and marriage.
The accused, P V Sudheer, who has studied upto only tenth
standard, was found to be having several fake degree
certificates and letters from well-known persons, police said.
Sudheer had taken money from several persons promising
job in various universities, they said.
He had approached the woman with a marriage proposal and
when she rejected, he introduced himself as Vice-Chancellor of
Sanskrit University located at Kalady and promised her a job,
The woman`s father then gave him Rs 2.5 lakh which he
took and vanished, following which the family lodged police
complaint, they said, adding several fake certificates and
letters have been seized from the man, who was arrested
On interrogation, police said, he revealed that he had
been twice married and cheated people saying he was
Vice-Chancellor of B R Ambedkar University in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?