Farewell at Sea for Vice Admiral Sushil
Kochi: Vice Admiral KN Sushil, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, on Thursday reviewed the preparedness of the operational units of Southern Naval Command at sea.
The Vice Admiral is retiring from Naval Service after nearly 40 years of service on May 31.
Eight ships from Southern Naval Command participated in the manoeuvres held off Kochi coast during which the ships displayed their operational prowess for their Commander-in-Chief. INS Tir, the senior ship of the 1st Training Squadron based at Kochi was the Flag Ship of the Commander-in-Chief.
Dorniers, Seakings, Chetaks and Dhruvs (ALH) were the naval aircraft from INS Garuda which took part in the event.
Vice Admiral Sushil also addressed the men onboard the ships and exhorted them to always keep the Naval Ensign flying high and remain sharp and ready to defend the interests of the Nation.
A doyen submariner and among the pioneers who inducted the modern Shishumar Class submarines in the Navy, the Vice Admiral was the first Inspector General Nuclear Safety of Indian Navy. He had laid the ground work for induction of advanced nuclear submarines like INS Chakra, a Defence press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi