Farmer commits suicide
Kalpetta: In a suspected case of suicide,
a debt-burdened farmer died after consuming poison at
Mudakkara in Wayanad district on Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Sasidharan (56), a
marginal farmer who sustained his family by farming in a
20-cent plot, police said.
He was found in a serious condition in the morning.
Though he was taken to a nearby hospital he died by evening.
Hospital sources said he had consumed poison.
According to the villagers, he was in debt and was
finding it difficult to repay the loans taken from local
He was the sole breadwinner of a family of wife and
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price