Fast for execution of Wage Boards recommendations
Thrissur: Kerala Union of Working Journalists
(KUWJ) and Kerala Newspaper Employees Federation (KNEF), on Wednesday decided to observe a day-long fast on June 28 to press for immediate implementation of the recommendations of the Wage Boards for employees of Newspaper and News Agencies.
"Journalists and non-journalist employees of the newspaper
industry will observe the fast at the district headquarters in
the state," KUWJ General seretary Manoharan Morayi told
The meeting expressed `grave concern` over the union
government`s delay in implementing recommendations of the
wageboards, which under the chairmanship of Justice (Retd) G R
Majithia had submitted recommendations to the government on
December 31 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter