Fast for execution of Wage Boards recommendations
Thrissur: Kerala Union of Working Journalists
(KUWJ) and Kerala Newspaper Employees Federation (KNEF), on Wednesday decided to observe a day-long fast on June 28 to press for immediate implementation of the recommendations of the Wage Boards for employees of Newspaper and News Agencies.
"Journalists and non-journalist employees of the newspaper
industry will observe the fast at the district headquarters in
the state," KUWJ General seretary Manoharan Morayi told
The meeting expressed `grave concern` over the union
government`s delay in implementing recommendations of the
wageboards, which under the chairmanship of Justice (Retd) G R
Majithia had submitted recommendations to the government on
December 31 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?