Father, step-father rape teenager in Kerala
Kochi: In yet another shocking incident of sexual abuse of minors by their kin in Kerala, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father and seven others over a year.
A case has been registered against the accused, including her step-father at Paravoor police station, police said on Saturday.
One accused has been taken into custody.
Autorickshaw drivers saw the girl walking on the road at night and brought her to police station. When questioned by women cops, the girl narrated her plight, they said.
In a similar incident from Ernakulam district recently, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after he would force her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the accused, who is absconding following a complaint from the girl`s mother that the child`s father had been sexually abusing her for the past six months. A case has been registered against the girl`s father under Protection of Children against sexual offences Act and IPC section 328 (giving liquor to a minor).
There were reports of fathers sexually abusing and raping their daughters recently from Kottayam and Kannur districts as well.
In Kottayam, police had arrested a man who had been alleged sexually abused his two minor daughters for the past two years. The man, a hotel employee, has been charged under sections 376 (rape) and 377 (unnatural offences) of the IPC.
While in Dharmadom in Thalassery in Kannur district a 13-year-old girl was raped by her father, 15-year-old brother and uncles for nearly two years. One of the accused died two days ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Mali Islamist rebel apologises for destroying shrines
- 3 militants killed in Pakistan
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison