Father, stepmother arrested for death of girl child
Kozhikode: Father and stepmother of a seven year-old-girl, who died at the Medical College Hospital after allegedly being tortured by her stepmother, were arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl`s mother had died four years back in a road accident and later her father got remarried.
Police said the girl was admitted to a private hospital here with serious burn injuries on Monday.
Doctors, who found the parent`s explanation that the girl had accidentally fallen into hot water unsatisfactory, informed the police about the incident.
Later, she was admitted to the Medical College Hospital where she died yesterday.
Police also preliminary medical reports confirmed that the girl had undergone extreme physical torture which led to her death.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'