Father, stepmother arrested for death of girl child
Kozhikode: Father and stepmother of a seven year-old-girl, who died at the Medical College Hospital after allegedly being tortured by her stepmother, were arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl`s mother had died four years back in a road accident and later her father got remarried.
Police said the girl was admitted to a private hospital here with serious burn injuries on Monday.
Doctors, who found the parent`s explanation that the girl had accidentally fallen into hot water unsatisfactory, informed the police about the incident.
Later, she was admitted to the Medical College Hospital where she died yesterday.
Police also preliminary medical reports confirmed that the girl had undergone extreme physical torture which led to her death.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre