Father, stepmother arrested for death of girl child
Kozhikode: Father and stepmother of a seven year-old-girl, who died at the Medical College Hospital after allegedly being tortured by her stepmother, were arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl`s mother had died four years back in a road accident and later her father got remarried.
Police said the girl was admitted to a private hospital here with serious burn injuries on Monday.
Doctors, who found the parent`s explanation that the girl had accidentally fallen into hot water unsatisfactory, informed the police about the incident.
Later, she was admitted to the Medical College Hospital where she died yesterday.
Police also preliminary medical reports confirmed that the girl had undergone extreme physical torture which led to her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie