Father, stepmother arrested for death of girl child
Kozhikode: Father and stepmother of a seven year-old-girl, who died at the Medical College Hospital after allegedly being tortured by her stepmother, were arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The girl`s mother had died four years back in a road accident and later her father got remarried.
Police said the girl was admitted to a private hospital here with serious burn injuries on Monday.
Doctors, who found the parent`s explanation that the girl had accidentally fallen into hot water unsatisfactory, informed the police about the incident.
Later, she was admitted to the Medical College Hospital where she died yesterday.
Police also preliminary medical reports confirmed that the girl had undergone extreme physical torture which led to her death.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics