Father wants son out of Kerala Cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (Pillai) leader R Balakrishna Pillai Tuesday asked Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to drop his (Pillai`s) son and minister KB Ganesh Kumar from the cabinet.
The father and son have been at war for over a year. A letter making this demand was handed over to Chandy by an aide to the senior Pillai.
Ganesh Kumar is the forest, sports and cinema minister.
At a meeting of the Congress-led United Democratic Front Monday, Pillai`s aide demanded that Ganesh Kumar be removed as minister as he does not enjoy the confidence of the party any more.
The UDF demanded a written request.
Pillai, 78, has not been attending UDF meetings because he was upset that Chandy and the UDF were not acceding to his demand.
Pillai is an eight-time legislator and a one-time Lok Sabha member.
His son Ganesh Kumar won for a third time from Pathanapuram constituency.
UDF and Chandy have tried their best to broker peace between the father and son but all efforts have failed.
The UDF will decide on Pillai`s request at its meeting Feb 21.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport