Father wants son out of Kerala Cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (Pillai) leader R Balakrishna Pillai Tuesday asked Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to drop his (Pillai`s) son and minister KB Ganesh Kumar from the cabinet.
The father and son have been at war for over a year. A letter making this demand was handed over to Chandy by an aide to the senior Pillai.
Ganesh Kumar is the forest, sports and cinema minister.
At a meeting of the Congress-led United Democratic Front Monday, Pillai`s aide demanded that Ganesh Kumar be removed as minister as he does not enjoy the confidence of the party any more.
The UDF demanded a written request.
Pillai, 78, has not been attending UDF meetings because he was upset that Chandy and the UDF were not acceding to his demand.
Pillai is an eight-time legislator and a one-time Lok Sabha member.
His son Ganesh Kumar won for a third time from Pathanapuram constituency.
UDF and Chandy have tried their best to broker peace between the father and son but all efforts have failed.
The UDF will decide on Pillai`s request at its meeting Feb 21.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das