Father wants son out of Kerala Cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (Pillai) leader R Balakrishna Pillai Tuesday asked Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to drop his (Pillai`s) son and minister KB Ganesh Kumar from the cabinet.
The father and son have been at war for over a year. A letter making this demand was handed over to Chandy by an aide to the senior Pillai.
Ganesh Kumar is the forest, sports and cinema minister.
At a meeting of the Congress-led United Democratic Front Monday, Pillai`s aide demanded that Ganesh Kumar be removed as minister as he does not enjoy the confidence of the party any more.
The UDF demanded a written request.
Pillai, 78, has not been attending UDF meetings because he was upset that Chandy and the UDF were not acceding to his demand.
Pillai is an eight-time legislator and a one-time Lok Sabha member.
His son Ganesh Kumar won for a third time from Pathanapuram constituency.
UDF and Chandy have tried their best to broker peace between the father and son but all efforts have failed.
The UDF will decide on Pillai`s request at its meeting Feb 21.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof