Father wants son out of Kerala Cabinet
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress (Pillai) leader R Balakrishna Pillai Tuesday asked Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to drop his (Pillai`s) son and minister KB Ganesh Kumar from the cabinet.
The father and son have been at war for over a year. A letter making this demand was handed over to Chandy by an aide to the senior Pillai.
Ganesh Kumar is the forest, sports and cinema minister.
At a meeting of the Congress-led United Democratic Front Monday, Pillai`s aide demanded that Ganesh Kumar be removed as minister as he does not enjoy the confidence of the party any more.
The UDF demanded a written request.
Pillai, 78, has not been attending UDF meetings because he was upset that Chandy and the UDF were not acceding to his demand.
Pillai is an eight-time legislator and a one-time Lok Sabha member.
His son Ganesh Kumar won for a third time from Pathanapuram constituency.
UDF and Chandy have tried their best to broker peace between the father and son but all efforts have failed.
The UDF will decide on Pillai`s request at its meeting Feb 21.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state