Father’s DNA sample to identify Rijo’s body
Kochi: The father of Rijo K Eldhose, the 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala who died in a plane crash in Nigeria, will provide a DNA sample to authorities in Delhi on Wednesday as his son`s remains have not yet been identified.
Rijo`s father Kochukudi Eldohose accompanied by his son-in-law Jaimon left for Delhi this morning to provide the DNA sample, which would be taken to Lagos, a close relative told a news agency.
Jaimon is the husband of Rijo`s elder sister.
The family is yet to come to terms with the death of their only son and hopes they would be able to bring back some of his remains to perform the final rites, the relative said.
Rijo, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was among the over 153 passengers and crew killed in the plane crash. He was on his way to Lagos to attend a conference from Abuja in the Nigerian capital when the plane crashed.
The Consular Head of High Commission of India in Lagos, Rani Malik, had said Rijo`s body was yet to be found.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space