Father’s DNA sample to identify Rijo’s body
Kochi: The father of Rijo K Eldhose, the 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala who died in a plane crash in Nigeria, will provide a DNA sample to authorities in Delhi on Wednesday as his son`s remains have not yet been identified.
Rijo`s father Kochukudi Eldohose accompanied by his son-in-law Jaimon left for Delhi this morning to provide the DNA sample, which would be taken to Lagos, a close relative told a news agency.
Jaimon is the husband of Rijo`s elder sister.
The family is yet to come to terms with the death of their only son and hopes they would be able to bring back some of his remains to perform the final rites, the relative said.
Rijo, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was among the over 153 passengers and crew killed in the plane crash. He was on his way to Lagos to attend a conference from Abuja in the Nigerian capital when the plane crashed.
The Consular Head of High Commission of India in Lagos, Rani Malik, had said Rijo`s body was yet to be found.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL