Father’s DNA sample to identify Rijo’s body
Kochi: The father of Rijo K Eldhose, the 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala who died in a plane crash in Nigeria, will provide a DNA sample to authorities in Delhi on Wednesday as his son`s remains have not yet been identified.
Rijo`s father Kochukudi Eldohose accompanied by his son-in-law Jaimon left for Delhi this morning to provide the DNA sample, which would be taken to Lagos, a close relative told a news agency.
Jaimon is the husband of Rijo`s elder sister.
The family is yet to come to terms with the death of their only son and hopes they would be able to bring back some of his remains to perform the final rites, the relative said.
Rijo, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was among the over 153 passengers and crew killed in the plane crash. He was on his way to Lagos to attend a conference from Abuja in the Nigerian capital when the plane crashed.
The Consular Head of High Commission of India in Lagos, Rani Malik, had said Rijo`s body was yet to be found.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter