Fazal case: CBI directed to produce case diary
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday directed the CBI to produce on May 30 the case diary relating to murder of Mohammed Fazal, a former CPI(M) party worker on Oct 22, 2006 at Thalassery.
The direction in this regard was issued by Justice N K Balakrishnan on a bail plea by Karayil Chandasekharan, CPI(M) Local committee secretary, Thiruvangad and Karayil Rajan, Kannur district secretary, seventh and eighth accused in the case.
Earlier, the CBI had informed the Court that two CPI-M local committee leaders in Kannur are the main conspirators.
The agency said investigations revealed that a criminal conspiracy had been hatched among local CPI(M) party leadership to do away with Fazal, following which eight armed men fatally attacked him that day and escaped.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI-M worker who switched allegiance to NDF, and killed him near Thalassery in Kannur district.
Six of the eight accused in the case have been arrested so far.
The High Court had on May 11 orally observed that CBI can arrest and question the two accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery