Fazal case: CBI directed to produce case diary
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday directed the CBI to produce on May 30 the case diary relating to murder of Mohammed Fazal, a former CPI(M) party worker on Oct 22, 2006 at Thalassery.
The direction in this regard was issued by Justice N K Balakrishnan on a bail plea by Karayil Chandasekharan, CPI(M) Local committee secretary, Thiruvangad and Karayil Rajan, Kannur district secretary, seventh and eighth accused in the case.
Earlier, the CBI had informed the Court that two CPI-M local committee leaders in Kannur are the main conspirators.
The agency said investigations revealed that a criminal conspiracy had been hatched among local CPI(M) party leadership to do away with Fazal, following which eight armed men fatally attacked him that day and escaped.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI-M worker who switched allegiance to NDF, and killed him near Thalassery in Kannur district.
Six of the eight accused in the case have been arrested so far.
The High Court had on May 11 orally observed that CBI can arrest and question the two accused.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'