Fazal murder: 2 CPI(M) men handed over to CBI
Kochi: A court today granted CBI custody of two CPI(M) leaders from Kannur, accused in the murder of Mohammed Fazal, a former party worker, in October 2006.
The order in this regard was issued by the Chief Judicial Magistrate court, Ernakulam, on an application by CBI seeking custody of Karayil Rajan and Karayil Chandrasekharan for 10 days.
The two had surrendered before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate court last week after non-bailable arrest warrants had been issued against them.
Karayil Rajan is the Kannur district committee member of the CPI(M) and Karayil Chandrasekaran is the Thiruvangad local committee member.
The court remanded them to 14 days judicial custody till July 5.
The CJM court said the two should be produced in the court tomorrow.
CBI, which is investigating the case, had earlier informed the court that the two were the main conspirators.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to the NDF, and killed him near Temple Gate near Thalassery in Kannur district on October 22, 2006.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he switched his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more Marxist workers to NDF, it was stated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials