Fazal murder case: 2 CPI(M) leaders surrender
Kochi: Two CPI(M) leaders from Kannur surrendered before a court on Friday in the case relating to murder of National Development Front worker Mohammed Fazal in 2006.
Karayil Rajan and Karayil Chandrasekharan surrendered before the chief judicial magistrate court here, which had yesterday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against them.
While Rajan is Kannur district secretary of CPI(M), Chandrasekaran is the Thiruvangad local committee secretary.
The court remanded them to 14-day judicial custody till July 5. The Kerala High Court had earlier rejected their anticipatory bail pleas.
The CBI, which is investigating the case, had earlier informed the court that the duo were the main conspirators.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to NDF, and killed him in Kannur district.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he had shifted his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more Marxist workers to NDF, it was stated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested