Fazal murder case: 2 CPI(M) leaders surrender
Kochi: Two CPI(M) leaders from Kannur surrendered before a court on Friday in the case relating to murder of National Development Front worker Mohammed Fazal in 2006.
Karayil Rajan and Karayil Chandrasekharan surrendered before the chief judicial magistrate court here, which had yesterday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against them.
While Rajan is Kannur district secretary of CPI(M), Chandrasekaran is the Thiruvangad local committee secretary.
The court remanded them to 14-day judicial custody till July 5. The Kerala High Court had earlier rejected their anticipatory bail pleas.
The CBI, which is investigating the case, had earlier informed the court that the duo were the main conspirators.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to NDF, and killed him in Kannur district.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he had shifted his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more Marxist workers to NDF, it was stated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’