Fazal murder case: Two CPI(M) leaders surrender in court
Kochi: Two CPI(M) leaders from Kannur surrendered before a court on Friday in the case relating to murder of National Development Front worker Mohammed Fazal in 2006.
Karayil Rajan and Karayil Chandrasekharan surrendered before the chief judicial magistrate court here, which had yesterday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against them.
While Karayil Rajan is the Kannur district committee member RPT Kannur district committee member of CPI(M), Karayil Chandrasekaran is the Thiruvangad local committee member RPT Thiruvangad local committee member.
The court remanded them to 14-day judicial custody till July 5. The Kerala High Court had earlier rejected their anticipatory bail pleas.
The CBI, which is investigating the case, had earlier informed the court that the duo were the main conspirators.
The prosecution case was that a group of assailants had attacked Fazal, a former CPI(M) worker who switched over to NDF, and killed him in Kannur district.
The conspiracy was hatched to do away with Fazal as he had shifted his allegiance from CPI(M) to NDF and attracted more Marxist workers to NDF, it was stated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price