Fire breaks out in shops near Kannur Railway station
Kannur (Ker): A major fire broke out on Wednesday in a row of shops near Kannur Railway Station, police said.
Six shops were gutted and five partially in the fire, which was noticed at about 4.30 am. No one was injured.
Local people and police along with Fire and Rescue team fought for nearly two hours to put out the fire, police said.
Fire fighting units from nearby places including, Thalassery, Koothuparambu, Thaliparambu and Kannur, were summoned to douse the blaze.
The shops gutted include a bakery and an electric goods selling shop.
Electric short circuit is suspected to be the cause for the fire, police said, adding, the loss is yet to be assessed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB