Fire breaks out in shops near Kannur Railway station
Kannur (Ker): A major fire broke out on Wednesday in a row of shops near Kannur Railway Station, police said.
Six shops were gutted and five partially in the fire, which was noticed at about 4.30 am. No one was injured.
Local people and police along with Fire and Rescue team fought for nearly two hours to put out the fire, police said.
Fire fighting units from nearby places including, Thalassery, Koothuparambu, Thaliparambu and Kannur, were summoned to douse the blaze.
The shops gutted include a bakery and an electric goods selling shop.
Electric short circuit is suspected to be the cause for the fire, police said, adding, the loss is yet to be assessed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach