Fire doused in Kannur
Kannur: The fire that raged when an LPG
tanker lorry overturned at the national highway at Kallyassery was doused, official sources said today.
The Indian Oil Corporation`s vehicle, carrying 18 tonnes of cooking gas, was coming from Mangalore to Kozhikode side, when it overturned, reportedly trying to avoid being hit by another vehicle, around 4.30 AM yesterday causing huge fire.
The driver and another person sustained minor injuries in the incident.
The fire was doused after 18-hours last night, the sources said.
Traffic on the national highway, which was diverted following the incident, resumed, the sources said.
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog
- India may clock near 8% growth on back of good monsoon: Das