Fire doused in Kannur
Kannur: The fire that raged when an LPG
tanker lorry overturned at the national highway at Kallyassery was doused, official sources said today.
The Indian Oil Corporation`s vehicle, carrying 18 tonnes of cooking gas, was coming from Mangalore to Kozhikode side, when it overturned, reportedly trying to avoid being hit by another vehicle, around 4.30 AM yesterday causing huge fire.
The driver and another person sustained minor injuries in the incident.
The fire was doused after 18-hours last night, the sources said.
Traffic on the national highway, which was diverted following the incident, resumed, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security