Firing at sea: Ker Govt announces solatium
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Cabinet Thursday
announced a solatium of Rs. five lakh each to the families of
the two fishermen shot dead by security guards of an Italian
merchant ship off the state`s coast.
The special cabinet meet, chaired by Chief Minister Oommen
Chandy, also decided to bear all legal expenses for getting
due compensation from the owners of the ship, `Enrica Lexie`,
an official release said here today.
Meanwhile, the body of Jalastein was taken to Mudakara
near Kollam for funeral after post-mortem at the Medical
College Hospital here.
The body of the other victim Ajesh Binki was taken to his
native Colachal in Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu.
The Kollam administration has also announced an emergency
relief payment of Rs 10,000 each to the kin of those killed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test