FIRs filed against former Kerala minister, his wife
Thiruvananthapuram: An FIR was today filed against former Kerala minister K B Ganesh Kumar before a local court in connection with a domestic violence charge made by his wife, hours after he was forced to quit the ministry.
Acting on Kumar`s complaint against his wife Yamini alleging assault, a separate FIR was also filed against her in the same Chief Judicial Magistrate court.
Kumar had been charged under IPC sections 498(a) (harrassment of woman), Sec 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 341 ( wrongful restraint), while Yamini had been charged with assault causing injury (324) and intimidation (506).
Police, however, did not consider the demand from Kumar and Yamini that cases for attempt to murder be registered against each other.
Sources said both complaints would be probed by a Crime Branch team, led by senior IPS officer Uma Behra.
Meanwhile, the resignation of Kumar, the lone MLA of Kerla Congress(B), fulled speculation that a Congress nominee would be occupying the cabinet vacancy.
Though neither Congress nor UDF has begun formal talks on the issue, names that figured as possible candidates for the cabinet berth included K Muraleedharan, a former KPCC chief and son of late leader K Karunakaran, K Sivadasan Nair from Pathanamthitta and a comparatively younger face V D Satheesan from Paravoor.
LDF kept the issue alive with its youth outfits staging protest demonstrations, demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on moral grounds in view of the developments.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read