FIRs filed against former Kerala minister, his wife
Thiruvananthapuram: An FIR was today filed against former Kerala minister K B Ganesh Kumar before a local court in connection with a domestic violence charge made by his wife, hours after he was forced to quit the ministry.
Acting on Kumar`s complaint against his wife Yamini alleging assault, a separate FIR was also filed against her in the same Chief Judicial Magistrate court.
Kumar had been charged under IPC sections 498(a) (harrassment of woman), Sec 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 341 ( wrongful restraint), while Yamini had been charged with assault causing injury (324) and intimidation (506).
Police, however, did not consider the demand from Kumar and Yamini that cases for attempt to murder be registered against each other.
Sources said both complaints would be probed by a Crime Branch team, led by senior IPS officer Uma Behra.
Meanwhile, the resignation of Kumar, the lone MLA of Kerla Congress(B), fulled speculation that a Congress nominee would be occupying the cabinet vacancy.
Though neither Congress nor UDF has begun formal talks on the issue, names that figured as possible candidates for the cabinet berth included K Muraleedharan, a former KPCC chief and son of late leader K Karunakaran, K Sivadasan Nair from Pathanamthitta and a comparatively younger face V D Satheesan from Paravoor.
LDF kept the issue alive with its youth outfits staging protest demonstrations, demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on moral grounds in view of the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!