First batch of Haj pilgrims from Kerala set to leave on Tuesday
Kozhikode: The first batch of 238 pilgrims
from Kerala would fly to the holy city of Mecca on Tuesday as
the State Haj Committee has asked the Centre to take steps to
operate additional flights to cater to the requirment of the
rising number of pilgrims from the State.
The pilgrims would leave for Jeddah from Karipur
International airport here by the saudi based NAS Airlines at
1550 hours on Tuesday, a service to be inaugurated by state
Industries Minister Elamaram Kareem.
The State Haj committee has made arrangements at `Haj
House` near the airport, to accomodate and provide other aid
to the pilgirms for the month long pilgrimage that lasts till
Nov 20, State Haj Committee Chairman P T A Rahim, MLA, said.
Regretting the lack of adequate air services for the
pilgrims, Rahim requested Minister of State for External
Affairs Shashi Tharoor to take urgent steps to arrange
additional flights to cater to the needs of the 7,636 persons
registered for the pilgrimage this season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!