First medical college under SC-ST dept in Palakkad
Palakkad: Foundation stone was on Monday laid for the first medical college under the Scheduled Caste-Scheduled Tribes Department here by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Stating that this was the first medical college run by the SC-ST Department in the country, Chandy said the UDF government gave top priority to the health care and educational needs of backward areas in the state.
He said the medical college would start functioning from the next academic year as attached to the district hospital here. The institution would be shifted to the new campus at Kizhakke Yakkara after the work is completed there, he said.
SC-ST Welfare Minister A P Anil Kumar said the SC-ST Department had made an initial budgetary allocation of Rs 50 crore and a special allotment of Rs 5 crore by the government for developing the campus at the 78-acre campus.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- US Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal drawn for potential semi-final clash
- Long traffic jams may increase risk of cancer!
- Fighters and residents leave besieged Damascus suburb Daraya