Five injured in cracker blast at temple
Thiruvananthapuram: Five persons were injured, two of them seriously, when some firecrackers kept at a temporary shed near the Vellayani Devi temple in the district accidentally caught fire and exploded on Sunday, police said.
The firecrackers were kept in the shed in connection with
the `Pongala` festival at the temple. `Vedi Vazhipadu`
(lighting of firecrackers) is one of the offerings of devotees
at the temple.
The injured have been admitted to the medical college
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!