Five injured in cracker blast at temple
Thiruvananthapuram: Five persons were injured, two of them seriously, when some firecrackers kept at a temporary shed near the Vellayani Devi temple in the district accidentally caught fire and exploded on Sunday, police said.
The firecrackers were kept in the shed in connection with
the `Pongala` festival at the temple. `Vedi Vazhipadu`
(lighting of firecrackers) is one of the offerings of devotees
at the temple.
The injured have been admitted to the medical college
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble