Five killed as train hits car at unmanned level crossing
Kochi: Five people were killed when their car was hit by the Hapa-Tirunelveli Express at an unmanned level crossing at nearby Aroor on sunday, Railway sources said.
Three persons were killed on the spot, while two others, including a three year-old child, were rushed to hospital, where they were declared brought dead, the sources said.
The accident occurred around 3:00 PM, they said.
An Alapuzha report said the deceased car driver has been identified as Sumesh (26) and not the others.
It said the Kochi-Alappuzha stretch has a string of unmanned level crossing and several accidents had occurred in the area in the past.
In 2010, four holidayers, including a foreign couple, were killed when their car was hit by a train at an unmanned level crossing at nearby Mararikkulam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city