Five killed as train hits car at unmanned level crossing
Kochi: Five people were killed when their car was hit by the Hapa-Tirunelveli Express at an unmanned level crossing at nearby Aroor on sunday, Railway sources said.
Three persons were killed on the spot, while two others, including a three year-old child, were rushed to hospital, where they were declared brought dead, the sources said.
The accident occurred around 3:00 PM, they said.
An Alapuzha report said the deceased car driver has been identified as Sumesh (26) and not the others.
It said the Kochi-Alappuzha stretch has a string of unmanned level crossing and several accidents had occurred in the area in the past.
In 2010, four holidayers, including a foreign couple, were killed when their car was hit by a train at an unmanned level crossing at nearby Mararikkulam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog