Five killed in cracker unit fire in Kerala
Palakkad: Five persons were charred to death and seven suffered serious burns when a cracker manufacturing unit caught fire and exploded at Panniankurissi in the district on Saturday.
All the victims were workers of the fire unit. The injured have been admitted to different hosptials and their condition was stated to be serious.
The deceased were engaged by the licenced craker unit for making fireworks for temple festivals in the summer months in the area.
The bodies were taken out of the debris by police and fire force with the help of local people, who, said they heard a big sound when the thactched shed went up on flames.
Two of the deceased had been identified, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India
- FIFA panel opens probes into South Africa match-fixing cases