Five killed in cracker unit fire in Kerala
Palakkad: Five persons were charred to death and seven suffered serious burns when a cracker manufacturing unit caught fire and exploded at Panniankurissi in the district on Saturday.
All the victims were workers of the fire unit. The injured have been admitted to different hosptials and their condition was stated to be serious.
The deceased were engaged by the licenced craker unit for making fireworks for temple festivals in the summer months in the area.
The bodies were taken out of the debris by police and fire force with the help of local people, who, said they heard a big sound when the thactched shed went up on flames.
Two of the deceased had been identified, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife