Five killed, three injured in bomb blast in Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Five persons were killed and as
many injured when a bomb being manufactured illegally
exploded in an uninhabitated plot at Narikkattiri in the
politically sensitive Nadapuram, in Kozhikode district, here,
Three persons had died on the spot after the blast and
the other two succumbed to their injures in the hospital this
morning, police said.
Three others injured in the blast have been admitted to
various hospitals and the condition of two are stated to be
serious, they said.
Nadapuram and surrounding areas has been witnessing
uneasy calm and political tension between IUML and CPI(M)
workers, for quite some time now.
Out of the 15 cases registered with the Nadapuram police
station in recent times, eight cases are related to bomb
throwing attacks, they said.
Top police officials had visited the site and police
have started widespread raid in the nearby areas.
Those killed were identified as Riyaz, Shamir, Shabir,
Shabil and Rafeeq, hailing from in and around Nadapuram area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Boy without hands from Mainpuri secured 71.8% marks in 10th Board Exams
- Varanasi boy develops WhatsApp electrcial commanding device to control electronic device
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Weak oil prices may hit remittances from Gulf nations: Crisil
- India Inc's investment-grade credit ratings hit record high
- Ravichandran Ashwin retains No.2 spot in Test bowlers ranking
- Domestic passenger traffic to cross 100 million by year-end: DGCA
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader