Five-tier security for Padmanabhaswamy temple
Thiruvananthapuram: The security cover at Kerala`s Sree Padmanabhaswamy, where around Rs1 lakh crore worth treasure was found stashed away, will be upgraded from three-tier to five-tier, an official said on Thursday.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy late Wednesday.
The upgraded security is expected to cost Rs 40 crore.
The new five-tier security system would see the most modern security gadgets which would be in place shortly and be linked to a control room, according to officers.
The meeting decided to ask the state-run Centre for Earth Science Studies to conduct a probe for the network of underground tunnels that, legend says, exists in and around the temple.
It was in July this year that a committee appointed by the apex court stumbled upon six vaults in the temple. The treasure trove found in them has been estimated to be valued at more than Rs.one lakh crore, while one vault (B) remains to be opened.
The apex court recently ruled that the opening of vault B can wait and asked two different committees to begin steps to prepare a detailed inventory of the treasure. The process is expected to take at least a year.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days