Flight hijack drama: Four AI passengers questioned
Kochi: Four passengers of an Air India Abu Dhabi-Kochi flight were on Sunday questioned by the Bureau of Civil Aviation in connection with the hijack alarm incident at the international airport here.
Though six passengers were summoned by BCA, only four turned up before the Bureau`s Regional Deputy Commissioner Sharat Sreenivasan and were questioned for four hours from 11 AM, airport sources said.
Speaking to reporters later, the four said they told the official they had not entered the cockpit as alleged by the woman pilot in her complaint. As women and children were among the passengers they had protested at the inordinate delay.
On Friday, Commander Rupali Waghmare had pressed the hijack button in panic after the diverted flight landed at the airport. In her complaint to police, she had stated that six passengers had barged into the cockpit and threatened her.
The passengers created a ruckus after Air India Express Flight 4422 was diverted to the state capital due to poor visibility at its destination of Kochi and entered into argument with the pilot after waiting for four hours for alternate arrangements to be made.
Aviation regulator DGCA had then alerted all airports in the country and security personnel, including anti hijacking team, had surrounded the aircraft.
Sreenivasan had yesterday held discussions with the aircraft crew and airport officials and police personnel at Thiruvananthapuram. He is expected to submit his report to the DGCA to Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!