Fluxboards and posters appear in support of Sudhakaran
Kannur: In the backdrop of Kerela Home Minister`s remark that action would be taken against anyone threatening police personnel, apparently in connection with Congress MP K Sudhakaran threatening police officials during a protest, flux boards and posters criticising the minister have been put up at various places in the district.
Posters and fluxboards with slogans like `is this Home Minister`s jana mythri police` and `is this UDF`s police policy` have been placed in kannur town, in the name of Youth Congress.
Apparently referring to the October 31 incident when Sudhakaran barged into a police station, threatened personnel there and demanded release of two youth Congress workers, Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan had said at Kochi yesterday that police have been instructed to act without fear or favour. Stern action would be taken against anyone indulging in such actions, Radhkrishnan had said.
"Peoples` representatives can approach police for just reasons. But threatening police to get their unjust demands fulfilled will not be tolerated. Those days are over`, the minister had said.
Police in kannur had registered a case against Sudhakran for obstructing police officials from performing their duties two days ago.
Sudhakaran and KM Shaji, MLA, had protested in front of the police station, demanding release of a youth Congress worker who was taken into custody when he went to discuss seizure of lorry illegally transporting sand.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Markandey Katju's hilarious take on PM Modi's foreign trips after NSG setback, here is what he said
- Is ginger the new pill for morning sickness?
- Uber rolls out upfront fares in India, US
- Bihar's Nirbhaya case: Prime accused in Motihari gang-rape arrested
- Brexit Vote: UK decides to quit European Union; PM David Cameron to resign