Fluxboards and posters appear in support of Sudhakaran
Kannur: In the backdrop of Kerela Home Minister`s remark that action would be taken against anyone threatening police personnel, apparently in connection with Congress MP K Sudhakaran threatening police officials during a protest, flux boards and posters criticising the minister have been put up at various places in the district.
Posters and fluxboards with slogans like `is this Home Minister`s jana mythri police` and `is this UDF`s police policy` have been placed in kannur town, in the name of Youth Congress.
Apparently referring to the October 31 incident when Sudhakaran barged into a police station, threatened personnel there and demanded release of two youth Congress workers, Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan had said at Kochi yesterday that police have been instructed to act without fear or favour. Stern action would be taken against anyone indulging in such actions, Radhkrishnan had said.
"Peoples` representatives can approach police for just reasons. But threatening police to get their unjust demands fulfilled will not be tolerated. Those days are over`, the minister had said.
Police in kannur had registered a case against Sudhakran for obstructing police officials from performing their duties two days ago.
Sudhakaran and KM Shaji, MLA, had protested in front of the police station, demanding release of a youth Congress worker who was taken into custody when he went to discuss seizure of lorry illegally transporting sand.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test