Foreigner drowns at Vizhinjam
Thiruvananthapuram: A German national drowned while swimming in the sea near Chovvara beach at nearby Vizhinjam, police said.
The deceased was identified as Werner Rudolph (68). He was swimming in the sea yesterday with his wife when he was caught in the current.
Lifeguards at the beach brought him ashore and he was admitted to a private hospital at Neyyattinkara. However, his life could not be saved.
The couple had been residing at a resort at Chovvara for treatment and had planned their trip back home tomorrow, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman