Foreigner drowns at Vizhinjam
Thiruvananthapuram: A German national drowned while swimming in the sea near Chovvara beach at nearby Vizhinjam, police said.
The deceased was identified as Werner Rudolph (68). He was swimming in the sea yesterday with his wife when he was caught in the current.
Lifeguards at the beach brought him ashore and he was admitted to a private hospital at Neyyattinkara. However, his life could not be saved.
The couple had been residing at a resort at Chovvara for treatment and had planned their trip back home tomorrow, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price