Foreigner drowns at Vizhinjam
Thiruvananthapuram: A German national drowned while swimming in the sea near Chovvara beach at nearby Vizhinjam, police said.
The deceased was identified as Werner Rudolph (68). He was swimming in the sea yesterday with his wife when he was caught in the current.
Lifeguards at the beach brought him ashore and he was admitted to a private hospital at Neyyattinkara. However, his life could not be saved.
The couple had been residing at a resort at Chovvara for treatment and had planned their trip back home tomorrow, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!